I love pumpkin bread and I’ve tried several recipes but have stuck with the one I’m going to share with you today for quite some time.
I have however recently added the yummy cinnamon swirl and I’ll tell you how I do it.
First I make up the batter for the pumpkin bread. Once I pour some of it in the loaf pan, I then top with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Finally, I pour the remaining batter on the top and bake.
You can see the exact recipe below, in my new fancy printable recipe cards.
- For the bread:
- 1¾ cups pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cooking oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 3½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- For the center swirl:
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine pumpkin, eggs, cooking oil, water, vanilla and sugar with an electric mixer until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
- For the center cinnamon swirl, mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour ¼ of the batter into each of the loaf pans.
- Divide the cinnamon sugar mix over the batter, making sure to keep it from touching the sides of the pan.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This bread is the typical pumpkin bread with a scrumptious sweet twist.
It’s just a simple way to take pumpkin bread from ordinary to extraordinary.