The temps here in Northern Ohio are not supposed to get out of the single digits the next few days so I’m going to be doing everything in my power to stay warm. One of those things will be to enjoy this…my new favorite soup.
This Creamy Crock Pot Potato Soup is one of the most easy and scrumptious soups I have ever had. I made it for my parent’s 50th Wedding Anniversary party and the compliments and recipe requests are still coming in.
So, here’s the recipe that many have been asking for:
- 30oz. Frozen Shredded Hashbrowns
- 28oz. Chicken Broth
- 10.75oz. Can Cream Chicken Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Onion
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 8oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- Optional: Cheddar Cheese
- Mix hashbrowns, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, dried onion, and pepper in crock pot and cook on low for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, add in cream cheese and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with cheddar cheese.
- **I have also cooked this soup on the stove. Just combine all ingredients and cook on medium heat until potatoes are cooked through.
If you like what you see, follow along: