I’m enjoying this, my second month of freezer meals. If you’d like to see more about my freezer meals, you can check out the Cooking for a Month tab above or click HERE. This month, I’ve added some snacks, some desserts, and a side dish. That side dish was Make Ahead Freezer Mashed Potatoes.
I was pretty skeptical that potatoes would freeze well, but they did!! They were just as scrumptious after several weeks of being frozen as they were the day I made them.
And the consistency after they were baked was perfect!
So, if you’re peeling potatoes anyway, you might as well peel a few extras and throw them in the freezer for another meal.
These made a great addition to my freezer meals. I will definitely be making these again and again.
- 10 pounds potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- warm milk
- salt and pepper
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Boil in salted water until soft.
- Combine potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, butter, and salt and pepper.
- Mash with electric mixer or by hand.
- Add warm milk until you get desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or place in foil freezer pan and cover thoroughly.
- When ready to serve, thaw completely.
- Bake covered at 350 for 25 minutes, then uncover and bake 20 minutes more, or until potatoes are hot throughout.
- Serve immediately.
To get email updates click here