I’ve been making Banana Bread for a long time. I’ve shared my recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread, which is VERY good. But, a friend of mine shared this recipe with me, and THIS is what I am proclaiming to be the Best Ever Banana Bread.
It is SO good. I’m not sure if it’s the two cups of sugar, the butter, the cream cheese, or the combination of them all, but it doesn’t really matter, just trust me on this one. It is THE Best Banana Bread Ever!!
- ¾ cup butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- In large mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Add bananas and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 1 to 1¼ hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes clean.
So, when you have some overly ripe bananas, I would highly encourage you to try this recipe. You will taste a VERY noticeable deliciousness!