I’m always on the lookout for a meal to add to my growing list of freezer meals. Since I’ve done several posts on cooking for a month, I’ve already shared many recipes with you, but here is one more that is so unbelievably simple, but scrumptious.
I make my own crock pot macaroni and cheese, and it is very good. But this is just as good and takes way less time and less cheese. Saving me time and money. It’s a win, win recipe!
- 13.5 to 16 oz pasta (cooked al dente)
- 16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (the sharper the better, in my opinion)
- 2 cups milk
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta in salted water until still firm (al dente). Drain.
- In large bowl, combine cooked pasta, ½ of cheese (2 cups), milk, and salt to taste.
- Pour into grease 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or let cool and cover with plastic wrap and then foil for freezing.
- To serve after freezing: thaw in refrigerator overnight
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Cover with foil and heat in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until hot throughout.
That’s it! It really is super easy and contains only a few ingredients that you may already have on hand. So why not make up one for dinner tonight and one to stick in the freezer for later?