I LOVE a good burger. Seriously, I would choose a burger over a steak almost any day. I love the loaded, messy, and filling Big Mac just as much as any other good burger. That tangy zip is one that I have worked to recreate a couple of times, and if I may say so, I have succeeded.
The recipe I’m sharing with you today is for a Cheeseburger Quesadilla. Now, this is not just a meat and cheese filling, but one that recreates the deliciousness of a Big Mac burger. I’ve added this filling to my Cheeseburger Pie, and my Cheeseburger Stromboli and they are equally as scrumptious.
I found a great deal on tortillas the other day and so instead of making dough for stromboli or pie crust, I threw the mixture in a tortilla, fried it up, and VOILA! A fabulous creation you must try!
- 1½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cups cubed prepared cheese product
- ( I used Velveeta)
- ½ cup Thousand Island dressing
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 12 flour tortillas
- butter (for greasing the tortillas)
- cooking spray
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in cheese, dressing and the mustard. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Divide meat sauce in six portions.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Grease one side of each tortilla with butter.
- Spread 1 portion of meat sauce on tortilla. Cover with other tortilla and fry until brown and crispy. Flip as necessary.
This recipe, in any of its variations, is a keeper. Be sure to try it out…I think you’ll love it!