I have a sweet tooth and am often longing for something decadent, right after dinner. The other night, I headed to my pantry to see what I could find and the only sweet thing waiting for me was a lemon cake mix. I didn’t have any frosting so I searched the worldwide web for something to do with that cake mix and lo and behold, I came across this recipe for lemon cake mix cookies. These are different from other cake mix cookies that I’ve tried, because one of the main ingredients is whipped topping. I know, whipped topping baked in a cookie?! Yes, and it’s amazing!
This recipe is SUPER easy and has only 4 ingredients. The cake mix, an egg, whipped topping, and powdered sugar. They come together really quickly too.
You combine all the ingredients except the powdered sugar and then drop by teaspoonfuls in the powdered sugar. Roll until thoroughly covered. Place on parchment paper to bake.
These are really moist, chewy and delicious!
- 1 15.25 oz. Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine lemon cake mix, egg, and whipped topping thoroughly.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls in powdered sugar and roll until covered.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
These would be perfect for a Mother’s Day tea, an after dinner sweet tooth fix, or an any day dessert or treat.