Don’t you just love those foods that look like you spent forever making, but really only required a few minutes of your time and very little labor? Don’t we all? A while back, I was at my friend’s house and she had some baked ravioli, left over from their lunch that day. They looked so pretty and tasted even better, and when she told me how easy they were, I thought I’d give them a try for myself.
I’m telling you, if you are looking for a finger food for a party, an appetizer for guests, or another easy supper idea, look no further! These ravioli are perfect for all of the above.
Because this recipe uses frozen ravioli and is baked instead of fried, it is super easy to whip up. I’ve read on other blogs that many people just like to bake the ravioli without any breading and serve with a marina sauce. I’m a breading kinda gal, so this simple Italian Parmesan breading worked perfectly for my tastes.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 bag (16-20 oz) frozen ravioli - thawed
- 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 eggs - beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Beat the eggs and set aside.
- Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in separate bowl.
- After thawing the ravioli, dip in eggs and then in bread crumbs.
- Place ravioli on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and then flip them over and bake for another 10 minutes or until ravioli are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite marina or other dipping sauce.
You’ve gotta give these a try. They are really good, really easy, and look like you slaved over them ;)!!