Ok, so I have a little secret for you today. Maybe I’ve told you before…I don’t remember. Anywhoo, my secret is… I have a secret stash. It is a stash of yummy treats that My Better Half and I can enjoy at our leisure, without worrying about our
scavengers kiddos scarfing ’em down before we even get a chance. Since I’m not ALL selfish, I do have things in there for them too, I just like to hang on to them until the right moment and then surprise them. A couple weeks ago I found a really good deal on one the kids’ favorite cereal…Lucky Charms. I knew if I left them in the cabinet, the box would be gone by the next morning. I’m not kidding here…they will eat a box of cereal in ONE sitting. Oh, I guess if you don’t know about my kiddos, maybe I should clarify. I have three teenage boys, two of which are over 6 feet tall and 200 pounds and I have one Princess who likes to eat as much as the boys do. SO, that should justify explain to you why I need a secret stash and why I put the Lucky Charms in the secret stash.
Anywhoo, today all four of the kids were going skiing together and needed some snacks to take with them so I pulled the special cereal out of the stash and whipped up these Lucky Charm Marshmallow Treats. When I’ve made marshmallow treats in the past, I’ve always used Rice Krispies. I didn’t have any of those on hand and knew that the Lucky Charms would make them even more “magically delicious” and I was right!!
I made these just like the other marshmallow treats I usually make…marshmallows, butter, cereal. The prep time is only about 5 minutes and then letting them sit to firm up in the pan takes about 30-45 minutes. After that, I had a sweet and cute and treat for the kids to take with them on their active day.
- 10 oz. bag of marshmallows
- ¼ cup margarine
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- Grease 9x13 pan and set aside.
- Measure out cereal in large bowl and set aside.
- Put marshmallows and margarine in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute then take out and stir.
- Place it back in the microwave for another 45-90 seconds stirring occasionally until marshmallows are melted and smooth.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal and combine well.
- Press cereal mixture in 9x13 pan and let sit for about 45 minutes or until marshmallow treats are firm.
- Cut into 12-16 pieces.
These treats are so fast, easy, and require such few ingredients. I’ll definitely be making them again. Next time though, I may see what other special cereals I have hidden in my secret stash to try in these marshmallow treats!