Remember my amazing deal on over 100 spools of ribbon?
Well, I’ve been trying to find a space saving, frugal way to store all of it. My first attempt was a major fail. I had some old curtain rods lying around and thought I could put the ribbon on them and hang them up out of the way in my crafting area.
Bad plan!!! First of all…It looked terrible.( I know…the rest of the disaster didn’t make it look any better) Secondly, I had to tear apart many of the spools in order to get them to fit on the curtain rod, and thirdly, if I was using the ribbon on a project that was outside or in another area of my house I had to guess at how much ribbon it would use and remove it from the spool or unhook my entire contraption. The only good part was that it was FREE.
My Better Half had mercy on me and my pitiful fail and went out to the garage and built me a nice ribbon rack. He used slats from an old broken bed we were given…
I know you’re thinking that I just moved all the junk over to the other side of my counter to take the picture…but you’re wrong!!! I’ve been working like a crazy woman and there is light at the end of the tunnel!! It is my organizing challenge for this week. You can check out week 1 and week 2 of my New Year gettin’ organized challenge. Friday, I’ll reveal the rest of this area…I gotta get busy to get it all finished by then!!