I loved it and thought it would be adorable in My Princess’s room…until I looked at the price tag, and that certainly didn’t look so great. Then the creative side of my brain kicked in and I realized I could use the ceiling fan I already have and make it look as cute for a little bit of nothing!!
So, first things first…I removed the ceiling fan blades and cleaned them up. Wow, fan blades are gross…how they get that nasty is beyond me!!
I made little stencils with my cutting machine, turned them into stickers and stuck them on the blades.
Using the same paint I used to paint My Princess’s bedroom, I painted over the entire blade.
While the paint was drying I made green little flowers for the globe…just to spruce it up a bit and to tie in the green curtains in the room.
|Sorry the coloring is off… basement lighting is not the greatest!|
After the paint dried, I removed the stickers, put the blades back up and VOILA!!!