I love pumpkin bread and I’ve tried several recipes but have stuck with the one I’m going to share with you today for quite some time.
I have however recently added the yummy cinnamon swirl and I’ll tell you how I do it.
First I make up the batter for the pumpkin bread. Once I pour some of it in the loaf pan, I then top with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Finally, I pour the remaining batter on the top and bake.
You can see the exact recipe below, in my new fancy printable recipe cards.
- For the bread:
- 1¾ cups pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cooking oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 3½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- For the center swirl:
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine pumpkin, eggs, cooking oil, water, vanilla and sugar with an electric mixer until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
- For the center cinnamon swirl, mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour ¼ of the batter into each of the loaf pans.
- Divide the cinnamon sugar mix over the batter, making sure to keep it from touching the sides of the pan.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This bread is the typical pumpkin bread with a scrumptious sweet twist.
It’s just a simple way to take pumpkin bread from ordinary to extraordinary.
This looks heavenly!
Featuring next week at Bacon Time!
Miz Helen says
Your Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Bread looks so moist and delicious. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Kim of Mo'Betta says
This looks and sounds delish! I wish I had a slice to go with my coffee right now 🙂
Just checked in to see what was new. I rlealy the photos of Ben and Jenny, but my favorite is of you and that purple doughnut. But of course there was a good picture of some old guy in a Pendleton hat and sunglasses. Who is that unknown mystery man????? Great work Raya. I am very impressed with your work.Grandpa Bob