The snow is flyin’ and so we are nestled up in our toasty house. I’m so thankful for a warm home! I’m also very thankful for scrumptious, tummy warming, comfort food and this recipe makes some delicious chicken and dumplings, all right in the crock pot.
- 5 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 cans biscuits
- Place first four ingredients in crock pot and let cook for 2½ hours on high.
- Remove chicken, shred and then put back the in the crock pot.
- Quarter the canned biscuits and place in the crock pot.
- Cook for 1 additional hour. This will cook dumplings thoroughly.
- We really like dumplings so I added four cans of biscuits.
This is a very flavorful chicken and dumplings dish with the convenience of the crock pot.
If you would rather not use the cream of chicken soup, I used the recipe for homemade cream of chicken soup HERE.
Give ’em a try. They’re sure to warm you from the inside out!!
Don’t miss out on any of my upcoming posts…Follow along!