We’ve been making great progress on the boys’ room, so I thought I’d bring you up to speed. When I left you last, we had gutted and cleaned out the room.
Next, we moved on to all new wiring and insulation. The room is so much quieter than before and there are 11 outlets in the room now!
After it was insulated, we built knee walls and hung composite paneling on the ceiling.
The composite paneling is quite a bit more sturdy than bead board, had the look we wanted, and was $7 cheaper (per piece) than the bead board alternative.
Drywall went on the walls next. Let me just say…getting it around the corners and up the steps was no easy task. I’m so thankful for helpful teenage sons!
I found several items for the room at ReStore. First was this window. It is absolutely perfect for this space and was only $27.
It replaced an old single pane window and has a nice crank on it so it can be opened to let out some hot Summer air.
I thought I was getting a good deal on the light but it was only $20 on the Ikea website…oh well. I still like it. I’ll show you later how we put the ceiling fan and the light together…It looks amazing!
The taping, spackling, and sanding was next. That is always such a messy job but it went quickly and I was delighted to get the paint on the walls.
The flooring went down next… hickory laminate. We worked together as a family…the boys were cutting the pieces to size and My Better Half and I were laying it. We got the whole floor laid in less than two hours!
As you can see, the outlets are all in and functioning. What a difference it will be to have more than TWO outlets in the room!
Anyway, we are making progress. If you haven’t seen the furniture yet, check out this post.
Well, back to work I go. The finishing touches are always the most enjoyable for me!