If you are a regular reader of Saving 4 Six, you know that feeding my family is no small feat. So when I was approached to try a new recipe, I jumped at the chance.
I tried this recipe, which uses Knorr® Side Dishes and who knew?… You can easily use these side dishes to make an entire meal. That’s what I did with this Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 slices thick cut bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 package Knorr® Pasta Sides™ – Chicken flavor
- 2 cups cut-up cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese [or Cheddar ]
- Cook bacon in medium saucepan over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 4 minutes. Stir red pepper and onion into saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- Prepare Knorr® Pasta Sides™ – Chicken flavor in same saucepan according to package directions. Stir in chicken, cheese, peppers and onion during the last 2 minutes of cook time.
- Garnish, if desired, with chopped parsley.
We all enjoyed this meal and my biggest son, made a point of telling me how filling it was. That’s a good thing, since I’m feeding three teenage boys!
Anyway, these Knorr® Side Dishes are available at Giant Eagle and even have an in-store offer – Buy $10 in Knorr® Sides at 10/$10, Save $3 off Frozen Cooked or Uncooked Shrimp from the Seafood Department on your Next Shopping Order! (this offer is only good from 2/25-3/5)
If you’re looking for some new recipes, you can check out the Free Recipe Book that is available on the Giant Eagle website.